Even the smallest changes in your kitchen will have a huge effect on how it looks. Are you looking for simple and great ideas that are not only inexpensive, but that you can also do in a short amount of time? Here are several quick and simple ideas that will help you turn your drab and ugly kitchen into a beautiful and unique kitchen.
* Are you tired of your boring white kitchen walls that seem to have no personality? Painting is an inexpensive project that makes a huge impact on the look of any room. For your first painting project, neutral colors are suggested so that it will not appear dated and you wouldn’t tire of quickly.
* Seasonal changes can help brighten any kitchen. Optimize your kitchen space to give it an airy feel by arranging the kitchen furniture, removing some of it as well as some decorations or opening the curtains.
* Another suggestion for brightening up your kitchen is through the use of mirrors to capture the sunlight and bounce it across the room. For the most light distribution, place a mirror across from a window or on a wall that corners against the window wall.
* Look at various magazines, Internet, books and television shows to get an idea of what you would like to see in your own kitchen.
* Cookbooks are not only a good source for yummy recipes, they are also great for your kitchen decor. You can group them in interesting configurations with some of them standing and some of them laying down, or you can align them in graduating sizes.
* To give color and a lived in touch to a kitchen, try hanging some plants from bare ceiling corners. Plants not only soften up your kitchen, they also add interest to it as well. You can use real plants, or if they will be in hard to reach places, use silk plants instead.
* To cover an old or unmatching floor or to add color to your kitchen, an area rug is a wonderful choice. Be sure you get the right size for your kitchen by measuring the space where you want your rug. If you are planning to place your area rug under the table, be sure that it will be big enough to accommodate the chairs when they are fully pulled out.
* Add some character to your kitchen by using strategically placed accessories. You can create a unique theme for your kitchen by using pot holders, salt and pepper shakers, dish towels, canister sets and toaster covers.
* Adding borders to your kitchen is another way to spice up it’s decor. Wall paper borders are easy to put up and can add color and interest to your walls. Borders can be used underneath the cabinets or at the top of the wall. Use stencils and paint for an even less expensive alternative.
* Cabinet pulls come in many different styles to match your kitchen decor. They are also an inexpensive and easy way to add a whole new look to your cabinets and drawers.
Making simple changes in the decor of your kitchen will make a big difference in the overall look and feel of it. Not only are these small ideas simple and inexpensive to do, they are also fun.